Hybrid View

Fertility vitamins

Hello all! I was wondering if any of you have tried any special vitamins or teas to help you conceive? I have tried a few but still no luck. For example, I have tried a vitamin B elixer and also a vitamin called Maca. I am sure they are both great for you to help women conceive, but still no luck for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Sherri,

Maca can be very effective for some women, but I've also heard of women who took it, who did not need it, and the Maca through their cycles way off.

Herbs like Maca can be very effective at balancing hormones and increasing fertility but you want to be sure you are working with someone who can tell you how much you need to take, how often to take it, and who can prescribe the highest quality herbs available. It will do little good if you are taking the wrong amount and/or if you are taking a low quality herbal supplement.

As for vitamins, there are many, many different vitamins and minerals that play a role in vital health and fertility. One of the first things you can do is to find a high quality prenatal supplement. Some manufacturers are actually creating a prenatal vitamin that is in it's raw state, which means it has amino acids and other really good things that other varieties lack. All vitamins are NOT created equal. You want to be sure you choose a supplement that is high quality so that your body can absorb and utilize the goodness they offer.

Once you know which vitamins and/or minerals your body is lacking, you can take specific supplements in higher doses to increase health and fertility.

It's super important to be getting enough leafy greens in your diet every day. I often recommend 3 heads of leafy greens a day. This can be difficult if you are not juicing, and in that case, you may want to take a powdered greens supplement which you can mix into water or juice. Organic Barley Grass powder is very good and will help with detoxification, hormonal regulation, will help resolve constipation and increases iron levels which also increases energy.

Hope this helps,

Kate

Thank you Kate!

I appreciate the warnings on Maca, I had no idea that it could throw my cycles off. And you are right I should go to a professional to tell me how much to take. I only took the information from the sales woman at the herbal store.

I will definately look into a good prenatal vitamin, I'm sure that will help me with my energy levels that seem to be soaring downwards. Also the information on the leafy greens is wonderful!! There is a new health store that just opened that is close to me, I am hoping that they carry the Organic Barley Grass powder! I wish I knew that I had to detoxify my body a long time ago! I am sure if I had of I wouldn't be having the problems that I have been suffering with.

All this information is just so wonderful! Thank you so much! May God bless you for blessing peoples lives the way you do.

Sherri

Hi Sherri,

If you do a search for "green drinks" and "green smoothies" in the forums, you'll find lots of good information and recipes. Drinking your greens is an easy way to get lots of nutrition into your body.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Thank you Kate! I certainly will!

Sincerely,

Sherri