When do you start Contracting?

I can not remember when I started with my first child, but I surly think I am contracting now and I am about 27 weeks. I mean it feels like it hurts a little and I wanted to see if I am contracting or if the baby is just pushing my belly out or something. When do you actually start contracting? I tell you I am not sure at the moment and it is really getting to me haha.

Though I did not experience it at all during my first pregnancy, I began to experience pretty intense braxton hicks off and on around 25-30 weeks with each of my subsequent pregnancies. However, if they feel like the are in a regular pattern I think you should contact your midwife of physician, just to let them know what is going on.

Usually you can try drinking a glass of water and lying down for an hour. If you continue to feel contractions and they seem pretty regular, it could be preterm labor.

Oh ok thank you so much I was wondering about it, because I have started, but it is not regular at all. I am glad that I can sleep good tonight. I went to doctor today, so everything check out okay for me. I had them with my first son a little, but not much. Yes I was still trying to figure it out haha. Thank you again as well.

Sydney, Australia
    Braxton Hicks contractions are can start at any point in pregnancy and varies from pregnancy to pregnancy. With my third baby I started noticing them very early in the first trimester. One of the things that I've found that helps settle them down is soaking yourself in a deep warm bath - particuarly useful at night so you can get a good night sleep and wake up rested in the morning. Another thing that may help is taking a magnesium supplement or adding a magensium bath flakes to the warm bath.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content