Sport and pregnancy

Having gained a lot of weight during my previous pregnancies I totally decided to do sport during next pregnancy. But what sport is good and safe for pregnancy? I'm thinking about yoga and swiming. And what about you? Do you have experience of doing sport during pregnancy?

Hi Teddy Bear!

Exercise during pregnancy is great. The golden rule is to not start a new type of exercise or sport during pregnancy without first checking with your midwife or doctor. If you decide on something like Yoga go for a class (or a DVD) specifically for pregnant women, or an instructor knowledgeable about modifying conventional Yoga exercises for pregnancy. I did Yoga during my last pregnancy and found it great.

Here is a great article on the subject: Exercise in Pregnancy Regular exercise is also recommended as part of good preconception care. You can read more about it here: Planning for Pregnancy: Preconception Care

Happy exercising!
    Last edited by Mumof2IVFmiracles; 19th July 2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Mumof2IVFmiracles, thanks very much for your replay

My pleasure Teddy Bear!
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Hi Teddy Bear,

I think you will find this previous thread useful - it is about safe exercise in pregnancy.

Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy,

LJ