Hybrid View

Question Poly-cystic Ovarian

We are trying to have another child since my daughter is already 5yrs. old and its been a yr of trying, luck has not come around. Does anyone have any idea if having a poly-cystic ovary holds a factor being not able to conceive?

Hi,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you seem to be having problems conceiving.

Yes there is a condition called PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) which can cause women difficulties conceiving because it can stop a woman from ovulating. Have you been diagnosed with PCOS?

The good news is that many women who have PCOS do go on to conceive, they just need may some extra help doing so. As you have been trying to conceive for 12 months, I would recommend you seeing your doctor to check you and your partner's fertility as most couples (who are regularly having sex) will conceive within 12 months of trying.

There is helpful information and support for women who have PCOS here at POSAA. There is lots of useful information about improving your fertility levels when you have PCOS here.

Did you have any problems conceiving your daughter?

I am aware that this is a lot of information! Please post back any further questions you have here and we will do our very best to support you. Please also take heart that many women who have PCOS go on to conceive successfully.

Best wishes,

LJ