Reviewing for Quizzes and Doing Homeworks

I have a six-year old boy who's now on his first grade in school. I never had any problems when it comes to waking up in the morning to go to school. The challenge starts when he gets home and needs to review his lessons or need to finish his home works. He would usually say "I'm tired" (even if he already took a rest) or "I don't know how...". Any suggestions on how to make it easier for us to attend to his take home assignment?

rayz_825,

Most children are thoroughly exhausted once they get home from school. The only thing on their minds is play time and eating and relaxing. It's like going to work all day then coming home and realizing you have more work to do at home. It's a very frustrating cycle that the schools start when handing out homework.
    I personally would encourage a longer play time as soon as he gets home...allow him to have free time for an hour or more. Then when he is settled, sit down with him and actually help him complete his assignments. Make it fun, get involved with him, help him look up the answer. Be his mentor, his confidant a person he can trust that will always have his back.

If you feel that the teacher is sending home to much work then have a chat with her about it. Most times they don't realize the amount of work is overwhelming and unnecessary.

Team up with your child and let him know you believe in him and he can get this done with your love and support.

Blessings

I'll do that. Thanks for the great advice.