Does applying lotion while pregnant prevents stretchmarks?

Hi again!

I would like to clarify about this lotion thing by the way. Is it true that applying lotion while pregnant would prevent stretchmarks or lessen it by the way?

I'll wait for your response.

Yours truly,

Suezzy

Genetics do play a big part. No need to spend on expensive oils. Good health and exercise and a daily mosituriser is the only thing you can control , the rest is luck!

Oh, okay. Thanks a lot Jessica.

I hope that would not give any bad effects towards our baby whenever we apply some oils or lotions by the way. Do you think it would not cause any bad effects by the way?

Curious member,

Suezzy

Hi,

I agree with Jessica that there are lots of expensive products out there. However, simple almond oil, coconut oil or even olive oil applied after a bath or shower is just as good in my experience. This should not have any negative impact on the baby as long as you massage the oil in gently. In fact, as your baby develops it is a nice way to bond with your baby in the womb. From around 18 weeks of pregnancy you can feel your baby moving - lots of babies respond to touch and will kick or touch back when you massage in the oil.

It is important to eat a healthy, balanced diet in pregnancy. This will help with your baby's development and will also help you to have a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi LJ,

Thank you so much for explaining further about the effects of applying oils and lotions by the way. I am really looking forward to apply them when I get pregnant and have my own baby, and the importance of eating a healthy balanced diet in pregnancy.

Sincerely,

Suezzy

I'm glad you found the information interesting and useful Suezzy. Yes pregnancy can be a wonderful time as well as an important time for paying extra attention to your own health and well-being.

Warm wishes,

LJ

I really do appreciate your time for answering my questions and sharing the links LJ.

Sincerely,

Suezzy