morning sickness

Can morning sickness be prevented? If so, how?

Hi Jerika,

Thank you for posting this question. Unfortunately many women do suffer with morning sickness. There are some things you can do to help with this, which I will discuss below, but it cannot really be 'prevented'.

The good news is that, for most women, morning sickness only lasts for the first trimester. Despite its name, morning sickness can occur at any time of day!

Here are some tips forum members have shared on here in the past about reducing morning sickness:

- Eat something before you get out of bed
    - Don't allow yourself to get too hungry: eat little and often
    - Get enough rest
    - Use travel sickness bands - with the little nodules that apply a slight pressure to your wrists
    - Try to distract yourself! - watch your favourite dvd.
    - Eat ginger biscuits or drink ginger tea.

If you are unable to keep any food or water down or your morning sickness is making you feel depressed then you should talk to your midwife or doctor.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi Jerika

Anytime-of-day sickness is what it should be called! There is a good article on this website which offers some great suggestions on managing morning sickness: Help for Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy

I found Blackmores Morning Sickness Formula helpful and have heard others have success with Psi Bands (pronounced "Sigh Bands").
    Last edited by Mumof2IVFmiracles; 23rd August 2013 at 06:50 PM.
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Lol Mumof2IVFmiracles: 'anytime-of-day sickness': I certainly had that! The Psi Bands did help me though. Thank you for sharing about Blackmores Morning Sickness Formula - I hadn't heard of this but reading the ingredients it does make sense.