Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: what to eat..
15th August 2013 07:24 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
what to eat..
Is there any food not recommended to eat during pregnancy?
25th August 2013 06:45 AM #2
Thank you for posting this important question.
We have an article here about Safe Eating and Drinking in Pregnancy which I think you will find helpful.
In pregnancy, a woman should avoid:
- soft blue cheese and mould ripened soft cheese (so this includes: brie, camembert, roquefort, gorgonzolo and Danish Blue). This is because there is a chance that these cheeses could cause listeriosis.
- unpasteruised milk
- uncooked/ under-cooked eggs (included egg products e.g. homemade mayonnaise)
- liver products and liver. These contain too much Vitamin A.
- Vitamin A supplements, including multivitamins that contain Vitamin A
- You should also eat two to three portions of fish a week but avoid those fish with high levels of naturally occurring mercury: shark, broadbill, marlin, swordfish and orange roughy. Avoid shellfish.
In addition to this, it is recommended not to drink alcohol in pregnancy. You should also consume no more than 200mg of caffeine a day.
Please let us know if you have any further specific questions.
12th November 2013 10:16 PM #3
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
There are several foods those are restrict during for a mother during pregnancy. Foods that contains high level of calories and protein such as; red meat, caffeine, soft cheese and raw eggs.
13th November 2013 02:58 AM #4
Actually you can eat red meat in pregnancy it is liver and liver products which need to be avoided. You may not want to eat too much red meat because it is high in saturated fat but it is safe to eat.