Hybrid View

Did you take photos during your pregnancy?

I just love this slideshow of a woman's growing belly during pregnancy. It is beautiful and something I am sure she will treasure forever. I wish I had taken more photos during my pregnancies, yet I only have a few. I am usually the one behind the camera, so there are not many photos of me during pregnancy. I would definitely suggest to any pregnant mum to take plenty of photos, because some day you will love looking back at them.

Do you have a lot of photographs from your pregnancy? Did you get professional photos taken?

Administrator
    I did Jessica - I took a lot of photos which have become a great keepsake. I was very lucky to have a professional photographer also take photos. The photographer took pregnancy photos every four weeks - in the same clothes in the same position. I now have a series of wonderful photographs that show the progression of my pregnancy. This is something I encourage other women to do. I treasure these photos. They are up on my wall in my clinic room.

Here is a photo of the photos (click on image to enlarge):
    janes-pregnancy-photos.jpg
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Aww love the pictures. I did not take any professonal ones at all, but I have some. I just don't know where I actually put them all haha. I am so happy to see a lot of photos they all look great. I love seeing them as well. I have some friends that actually took a lot of pictures of their growing bellys and they are still taking them until the baby gets here.

I did have professional photos taken during my pregnancies. I love pregnancy photos. Mine were not at all creative like the one's that aussiemidwife posted above or the slideshow. Makes me kind of jealous!

Administrator
    I came across the website Pacing The Panic Room when I was newly pregnant and loved their series of photos (they were up to about week 18 I think when I found it) and it was really fun to follow their blog posts along each week. I hadn't seen the completed video before though!

We also took weekly photos but still haven't compiled them into a slideshow and my daughter is now 2! But we also got some professional photos done when I was 36 weeks as well as when my daughter was a week old and they are a lovely keepsake
    DD Nov 09 ~ home waterbirth

Administrator
    I'd love to see your photos in a slide show - any plans to do it soon?? If people can afford professional photos I'd highly recommend having them done.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

i had professional ones done with bub#5(in 2003) at 34wks. I was very happy with them. mine are arty nude ones.Some of the photos had my 4 older children feeling my belly. They take pride of place on my bedroom wall.
    I am again having professional ones done with this pregnancy. This time I'm planning on also having some belly art done then photographed. I'm going to do my own at home monthly pics. As this will probably be my last pregnancy I'd like a few keepsakes.

Would love to see some of your monthly pregnancy pics gez15673 - if you are happy to share them of course.

Yes I took pictures when I was still pregnant but not those in the studio. Only from amateurs, and they're candid pictures.