Thread: C-Section

Hybrid View

C-Section

I had a c-section with my daughter 5 years ago. My c-section healed pretty fast and after a couple of months the tenderness went away. 4 months ago, I had a c-section with my twin boys. I am still very sore. I am wondering if I should give it more time or if this is normal since I had two?

Dear Jessica,

I'm sorry to hear it is taking you a long time to recover from your c-section.

Around 8 weeks is the expected time to recover from a c-section, but it can take a bit longer then this especially if you have had twins. Did you have a 6-8 week postpartum check up?

In what way are you feeling sore? Is it the scar itself? Is it itchy? Is this all the time? In view of how long this has been going on, I would ask your doctor to check the scar if possible.

It can also take longer to heal from a c-section when you have an older child too as you get much time to rest and recover. Even more the case when you have had twins. Do you have any help with your children whilst you are still recovering?

With best wishes,

LJ