Hybrid View

Advice and help needed asap!!

Hi there.
    I last had intercourse at the beginning of may and at the end, although I did have a period which started on the 8th June I have not had one since and I frequently feel sick and have headaches. Also every now an again I get slight sharp pains in my stomach. A few friends have said that I look to have put on a bit of weight and this is making me a little bit worried that I might be expecting. I'm just confused because of the time and the fact I have had a period since the deed happened..
    Help please?

Dear jade_92,

I am sorry to read about your worries.

If you have a period after you have had sex then you cannot have conceived. The only way you could be pregnant is if the period you describe (starting on the 8th of June) was not actually a period and was bleeding in pregnancy. Did your period seem normal? Was it lighter than normal? In early pregnancy some women experience 'breakthrough bleeding' or 'implantation bleeding' around the time their period would have been due (but this is generally lighter than their period would have been).

Do you normally have regular periods?

The only way to tell for sure if you are pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests work using a urine sample and are extremely reliable.

However, there are many other causes of a change in your periods besides pregnancy including stress, not eating enough and illness. In light of the symptoms you describe I think it would be wise to have yourself checked with your doctor.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi Jade_92,

Just wondering how you are?

Hope all is well,

LJ