Question what is the best contraceptive to use?

I would like to seek for the best advise on contraceptives.
    I gave birth by Cesarean Section and with that I am advised not to be pregnant in the next 3 years. I have tried to use pills but it wont work for me since I keep on forgetting it. My friend advise me to use injectable pill but my OB GYNE said it will be best not to use it since I am obese. I also tried to use IUD but it is very painful because they find it hard to insert it to my cervix since i did not gave birth as normal spontaneous delivery. I am so worried. I am so happy that we have these forum so i can get advise from you.

Thanks!

Thank you for your question.

Myself and our midwife Jane actually recently commented on a thread about recommended contraception options.

Please can I ask if there was a particular reason you were advised not to get pregnant for 3 years? Generally, it is recommended that a woman leaves around 18 months recovery time after a c-section before she conceives, however, many women do get pregnant with a smaller gap than this with no medical problems. If you do not get pregnant for 3 years following a c-section then the gap between your children would obviously be closer to 4 years.

Please let us know if you need any further information on contraceptives.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi LJ,

Thanks for your reply.
    As much as i can remember, I was advised not to be pregnant for about 3 years because of the operation, my doctor said that healing process may take some time and if i will be pregnant before that time frame i might encounter serious problems. That is the main reason why i am worried, but with the information you have shared that gives me a relief. However, I still need to get myself protected. It is best to prevent it than regret it. I know a having a baby is a blessing but for now we are still not ready for another one due to financial difficulties. Thank you so much for the info!

Best Regards

You are very welcome.

You have written some wise words - having a baby is a blessing but it is also our responsibility to plan and provide for our children. Of course, most unexpected pregnancies are happy ones but that doesn't mean we don't need to actively plan for the future.

When you have another baby after having a previous c-section there is a small risk of uterine rupture. This risk is greatest if you conceive in the 6 months following your c-section, however, even in this case it is still a small risk. This risk is higher if you are induced (using progesterone).

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi LJ,

Yes I agree! Thank you so much for sharing and for the great advice. it would be a great help to me.

Cheers!

Cristel <3