Hybrid View

Fraternal Twins delivery

What can I do to make the delivery of my Fraternal Twins easy?

There is a wonderful birth story here about a lady who had a natural birth with twins. This article also discusses how carrying twins generally places the pregnancy into the 'high risk' category and whether this is always necessary to do so.

You can help to prepare your body for labour but staying active (unless you have been advised otherwise by your midwife for medical reasons) and eating a healthy, balanced diet. Generally speaking in labour, keeping upright and moving around will help the labour to be quicker.

However, having twins may mean that some birth choices aren't available to you. There is an excellent article on Giving birth to twins here with detailed information.

When are your twins due?

I wish you a happy and healthy birth.

Best wishes to you and your twins,

LJ

Thank You

Thank you for your advice. My twins are due December 7. My doctor told me that I have to rest more often and if I don't I will be put on bed rest. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi,

It's also important to drink plenty of water when you are pregnant with twins. You should try to drink at least 8 big glasses of water a day. It's also wise to eat food which releases energy slowly (e.g. porridge, brown rice, vegetables, whole grain bread). Compared to a mum who is expecting one baby you will need to have a higher intake of: iron, calcium, protein, folic acid and Vitamin B12. Are you taking vitamin supplements?

Are you currently working? May I ask what type of work you do? It is important to keep stress levels to a minimum in any pregnancy.

Best wishes,

LJ