Revealing dress and applying lipstick to a toddler Niece

I have a niece who is 2 years old. And her mom likes to dress her up and putting lipstick whenever they go. At first, we find it good because it suits her well.. but as time passes by, my niece was accustomed to wearing revealing clothes and applying lipstick every time they go out. And I find it very disturbing. And as time passes by, I find it disturbing and alarming that as such early age, my niece would wear lipstick.

Can anyone please advice me how to talk to my sister in law in a way that she will not be offended? Thank you in advance for your advices.

I can hear that you are concerned about your niece. However I really dont think their is anything that you can say to change her mind. You can open up to her and let her know how you feel. However you may risk the relationship between the 2 of you in the mean time.

Could you suggest that she maybe paint her toe nails or put pretty bows in her hair rather than lipstick on her little girl?

I'm sorry I don't have a very good idea.
    I hope that as time passes that the child's mother will see whats going on and change her ways.

Blessings to you and your family!

I'm a bit late, but if you haven't solved it yet, just try to talk mildly with her mum and make her understand that you find that behaviour a bit disturbing, explain her the reasons why, and establish a sort of constructive debate. If you tell things the right way, people are more willing to hear you Let us know if you have news! Hugs
    Last edited by SimplyJade; 21st February 2015 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyJade View Post
    I'm a bit late, but if you haven't solved it yet, just try to talk mildly with her mum and make her understand that you find that behaviour a bit disturbing, explain her the reasons why, and establish a sort of constructive debate. If you tell things the right way, people are more willing to hear you Let us know if you have news! Hugs
    You should talk to her mother and convince her to let her innocence stay and avoid using these kind of harsh chemicals on her delicate skin. This will harm her natural beauty. She will lose her natural lip color. Instead of this ask her to use cute accesories like earrings, hairpins, band for her.
    Last edited by Neilasmith; 27th March 2015 at 11:42 PM.