Smile what are the best toys for a 10 month old baby?

I am a first time mum and i am so excited to by toys for my 10 month old son.
    I am thinking of buying educational toys not just the ordinary toys. I am not sure what to buy. I would like to ask for help from the experts. Thanks!

What a lovely question!

I also have a 10 month old son - it's such a fun age where they are starting to get around more and practice pulling themselves up.

Many toys, and even household objects, can be educational if you spend quality time interacting with your child as they play. Typically, 'traditional toys' can have more educational value than electronic toys. For example, at 10 months old your son may enjoy a shape sorter or he may like to play at rolling a ball between you and himself.

At this age, children are learning about how they can manipulate objects in the world around them. Many 10-12 month olds love to play with water and sand, exploring how their hands feel in it and moving different objects (spades, plastic forks, and buckets) through the sand and water.

As babies get more mobile, they begin to enjoy pushing toy vehicles around and watching how far they can push them.

It is never too young to start reading to your child. Indeed, studies have shown that if you spend time reading three books a day to your baby/ child then they will succeed better both in the educational and social sense. Take breaks throughout your day to sit down with your son and read a book together; your baby will enjoy lots of voices, noises and actions. You could also visit your local library together.

Indeed, action songs are another excellent way to amuse your baby and have fun at the same time. Rhymes with signs such as 'Incy Winsy Spider', 'Wind the Bobin Up' or 'The Wheels On the Bus' are perfect for helping your baby to co-ordinate their limbs better and also help with speech and language development. Here is a resource with baby action songs - there are lots of these available online. If your baby enjoys these then they may like baby signing - which you can either practice together at home or in a group.

I look forward to hearing about the toys you have enjoying with your little one.

Happy playing!

LJ

Hi LJ,

Thank you so much It is very informative!
    Yes, I will do these things.
    I am so excited to play with my son and read stories with him.

I will share to you our playing time together soon.

Best Regards,
    CRistel

That is so lovely Cristel - I wish you special, creative, exploratory times together.

Have fun and I look forward to hearing all about it!

LJ