Infertility cause

Hi,

My sister is 6 years married already. She's 35 and her husband is 36 but she still didn't get pregnant. She almost did everything. She even quit her job and stayed home. She used to take injectible contraception. Did this affect her fertility? Is there still a chance for her to get pregnant and many said that it is dangerous to get pregnant when you reached 40.

Thank you.

Hi Leslie,

How long did your sister use injectable contraception, and when was her last injection? It can take some time for contraceptive hormones to move out of the system and there are things she can do to cleanse her body and increase her fertility naturally. Has she had any testing done? Has her husband had any testing done? How long have they been trying to conceive?

It becomes harder to conceive once you reach 35, but plenty of babies are born after that. My last baby was born one month before my 41st birthday and I have a friend who had her 7th child at age 44.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Please feel free to tell your sister about the forums if she is interested in support and encouragement as she tries to conceive.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Thanks Kate.
    During their first two years of marriage she is taking this injectible birth control. Then they decided to stop and from then, she have been trying to conceive.

Thanks Kate.
    During their first two years of marriage she is taking this injectible birth control. Then they decided to stop and from then, she have been trying to conceive.

Okay - so she took injectible birth control for 2 years, and they have been trying to conceive for 4 years. It also sounds like they have not had any testing done to try to determine the cause of infertility (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The first thing I would want to do is try to determine what is causing the infertility. In about 40% of infertile couples, the man is either the sole cause or a contributing cause. It would be helpful for your sister's husband to have his sperm and semen analyzed to determine whether he is a contributing factor or if your sister needs to focus on improving her fertility.

Are your sister and/or her husband willing to have some testing done?

Kate

I will tell them that and will suggest to try this site. This can be a big help for her. She's just worried because five years from now she will turn 40.

Thanks Kate.