Hybrid View

My baby still have no teeth

hi there,I have 11 months old baby boy and still he doesn't have any sign oh having teeth.Please help me about this I'm worried.Is this something I need to do?

Hi,

It's normal for the first tooth to appear at anything up to 12-13 months of age. Please try not to worry - it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Children just develop at different times.

If he doesn't have any sign of a tooth a little after his first birthday then it would be good just to check with your doctor. It's most likely that everything will be fine; he may just get lots of teeth in one go!

Best wishes,

LJ

Thank you Lj it really help to ease my worry.Maybe I'm just exited for his teet.

I'm glad my comments have helped.

I think your feelings are understandable as a parent of a baby. I have found that we often want our children to stay as babies/ toddlers forever but at the same time it can be hard to not have concerns about them reaching the next stage. I find it helpful to hold in mind that our children are all unique and develop at their own rate; it is unusual for there to be a developmental problem. We live in a world full of targets, measurements, growth charts and averages but children will still be children and they will develop to the next stage when they are ready.

Please do post back if you have any more concerns.

Best wishes,

LJ

Red face You're right Lj

As a first time mum at the age of 22 I'm always looking for his development day by day.I always want him to be in normal stage of development like now, he learn how to walk just a two step and I'm so glad to that.
    Thank you for a very good advice and support too.

My youngest has recently started taking his first steps too - proud mummy moments