Hybrid View

Uterus feels tender and heavy

I am currently 11 weeks 3 days pregnant with a donors eggs, I have had 2 miscarriages, and I have also had 2 uterine bleeds (sub chorionic haemotoma ) this pregnancy in week 7 and week 9. The last 2 days I have experienced a very tender heavy dragging uterus, I went to the doctors they just said if I'm not bleeding there's not much else they can do, is this common during pregnancy?

Grateful for advice what to do and what it might mean.

Administrator
    It is not uncommon to feel a dragging feeling in the uterus in pregnancy in the first few months. It is a discomfort described by some women. If you are otherwise well it is generally not of concern. If you are unwell or or have bleeding you need to contact your midwife or doctor for advise. You always have the option of seeking a second opinion.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Thankyou for the reply, I have my first antenatal on Monday so I will view any concerns then and my 12 and a half week scan thursday(can't wait!) to make sure the baby is ok. The main reason it has made me really nervous is the last 2 times I've bleed I had a heavy dragging feeling and the a gush of blood, I am now on synthetic progesterone to prevent any further bleeding but it almost feels like my uterus is struggling to cope with the pregnancy, I have actually taken a day off work as its been that bad, it just feels like my uterus is going to fall out, im also having a lot of muscle spasms in my stomach and finding it hard to sleep.

I was just wandering if it was common in pregnancy.

Administrator
    I understand why you re feeling nervous. The ultrasound will hopefully give you some piece of mind. Having a rest sounds like a great idea particularly if you are feeling bad. Sometimes a dragging feeling can be associated with a uterine prolapse. Talk to your midwife or doctor on Monday and hopefully they can let you know what is going on for you. A warm pack on your stomach can help with discomfort. A magnesium supplement can help with cramping.
    Hidden Content

Thankyou so much for your reply, it is so nice just to have someone there thankyou

Hi there,
    So the dragging feeling went away on its own which is good but unfortunately I've had another bleed, I've been told that I am likely to bleed through out the whole pregnancy.
    I work long days and unfortunately I can't cut my hours, so the only other option is to leave as I am the only other person that works there apart from the podiatrist, my question is? Is it best to rest with a subchronic haematoma, the reason ask each time I've bleed it's been on a Thursday morning 3 times, it could be a coincidence but I do worry that me wearing my self might be something to do with the bleeding.

What are your experiences with patients with haematoma and what would your advise be.

Grateful for your advice.

Thankyou

Administrator
    It is unusual to have bleeding past the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. A subchronic haematomas is a gathering of blood between the membranes of the placenta and the uterus. Most resolve on their own by 20 weeks of pregnancy either absorbing or bleeding out. There is no clear cut recommendations in the literature about what is the best to do. Some recommend rest while others say to go about your regular activities. Other advice includes avoiding heavy lifting and sex. I hope the bleeding settles for you soon.
    Hidden Content