Favorite Part about Breastfeeding?

We all have things we love about breastfeeding (probably some things we hate as well), what are your favorite moments? Sweet stories?

I love when my baby is full and falls off into sleep. It is such a sweet, fulfilling moment. I also love that I do not have to get up in the middle of the night to make bottles. I get so much sleep.

Administrator
    Breastfeeding-a-toddler.jpg This is a photo of me breastfeeding my second child. I look back now and cherish the hours we spent together. Breastfeeding creates a really special relationship.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Aww I love the picture. Yes I would say the bonding and the hours you spend with your child before they get older. Breastfeeding is a great way to bond and have a nice connection with your baby. You even make eye contact all the time as well. I love it and I want to continue with my second son for a longer length of time. My first son I was only able to for a few months and I was really sad about that. Thank you for sharing your picture it is really nice. Oh and thank you mom2many for your story it is really nice when they fall asleep.

I love the long cuddles I have had with my baby whilst breastfeeding : such precious times. Also when he has a little giggle whilst feeding

Administrator
    I loved that it was a beautiful bonding opportunity and that it provided such perfect nutrition for my baby it was also easy to feed her anywhere - snuggled up on the couch, co-sleeping at night meant we both got lots of sleep, and on the go I could feed her in a sling if I was out shopping and then she's fall asleep and I could keep going! It was also a handy tool sometimes as she got older if she was cranky or overtired - it would calm her down immediately and give me time to sort out what she needed.

I really encourage women to be part of their local ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association) group as well for invaluable support and advice for longterm breastfeeding. I breastfed my daughter until she was 20 months old.
    DD Nov 09 ~ home waterbirth