getting back to your old body

hi mums! i'm 7months pregnant but i'm already conscious about how i would gain back my old body. do you know any remedy for stretchmarks brought by pregnancy? and what would be the easiest way to gain back to my body before i got pregnant? Your reply would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi soontobemum

Not everyone gets stretch marks, which start off as fine, red lines on your abdomen and sometimes on your breasts, hips and buttocks. Most women get one or two stretch marks while some women get a lot. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent stretch marks. Rapid or excessive weight gain and certain skin types can increase your chance of getting stretch marks.

There is no evidence that the oils and creams that are advertised as offering magic results, can prevent stretch marks. However they can ease the itching you sometimes get as your skin stretches or where your clothes rub. They will also help to keep dry skin in good condition. The good news is after the pregnancy ends stretch marks fade to faint, silvery white lines.

As for getting your shape back it is important to be aware that human bodies are not meant to 'bounce back' after birth. A great article to read on this is: Bouncing Back Postpartum
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Hi soontobemum,

Breastfeeding is a great way to regain your pre-pregnancy weight and figure (as well as the countless health and emotional benefits which I talked about in your previous post).

Babywearing can also help you to stay active with a small baby and go on walks and meet up with friends etc

Remember that it takes 9 months for your body to grow your beautiful baby so you should expect it to take at least this long to return to your pre-pregnancy figure. Post-pregnancy bodies are beautiful; they show that we have carried our children. Please don't put too much pressure on yourself to quickly 'slim down' - your body needs time to get used to giving birth, breastfeeding, having a new baby etc.

In terms of stretch marks, rubbing both almond oil and coconut oil gently into your tummy and thighs daily can help with this.

Warm wishes,

LJ

Question Stretched Marks or Scratched Marks?

Hello, I just want to know if the marks that I have in my tummy was because I scratched it during pregnancy? or no matter how I avoided scratching, still it will really leave marks because it was stretched? Is there a way to get rid of it or perhaps to lighten it up? my marks are really dark

Hi Joyce,

I think these will be stretch marks.

Your skin can sometimes feel itchy during pregnancy because your body is growing to accommodate your beautiful baby. However, if the itchiness is intense, frequent and in other parts of your body and you are pregnant then you should check this with your doctor as it could be a condition called cholestasis. I know you are not currently pregnant but I just wanted to comment on this for anyone else following this thread.

Most stretch marks do fade with time but unfortunately some will always remain. Are you able to think of these marks as marks of carrying our precious babies? Post-pregnancy bodies are, of course, different to our bodies before we had children but they are beautiful too.

Warm wishes,

LJ

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    Hi Joyce,

I think these will be stretch marks.

Your skin can sometimes feel itchy during pregnancy because your body is growing to accommodate your beautiful baby. However, if the itchiness is intense, frequent and in other parts of your body and you are pregnant then you should check this with your doctor as it could be a condition called cholestasis. I know you are not currently pregnant but I just wanted to comment on this for anyone else following this thread.

Most stretch marks do fade with time but unfortunately some will always remain. Are you able to think of these marks as marks of carrying our precious babies? Post-pregnancy bodies are, of course, different to our bodies before we had children but they are beautiful too.

Warm wishes,

LJ
    if these are stretch marks, how come there are some mums doesn't have any marks at all?

Everyone is different. Some women's bodies do not show stretch marks or they may fade quickly.

Rubbing a rich oil into the skin during pregnancy can help to reduce stretch marks, such as almond oil or coconut oil. Women that do this each day (from the second trimester onward) are thought to have less stretch marks.

The degree of your stretch marks also depends on factors such as; the size of your baby and the position they were in at the end of pregnancy, the amount of fluid you carried in pregnancy and your skin type.

Warm wishes,

LJ