Last week I had my first look at my baby. It was 7 weeks old and had a healthy heartbeat. Today I woke to some spotting and immediately went to my doctor. I had another ultrasound and they could not find the heartbeat anymore. I was told I need a D&C.
However, the technician seemed to be stuffing around a lot and there are things that are starting to make me wonder about the whole thing. The bleeding stopped after I went to the toilet in the morning. I have had 2 miscarriages before and the bleeding has never stopped so suddenly and was always heavier. I am in no pain and still feel sick. I've heard stories that miscarriages can be misdiagnosed. Now I don't know what to do. Is it worth getting a second opinion or am I just setting myself up for more heartbreak? Has anyone heard about a heartbeat being missed? And from an internal ultrasound?
The technician gave me no confidence at all. The last one found my baby with the external scan with a half full bladder. This one couldn't see anything when I was about to explode!!