Hybrid View

Did you experience nausea during pregnancy?

One of the first early signs of pregnancy that I noticed every time was nausea. I was just reading this article about nausea during pregnancy, and found it to be very helpful. I have heard vitamin B6 recommended for nausea, and it was interesting to read what foods it can be found in. I have also not really liked the term 'morning sickness,' as I had nausea anytime during the day or night during pregnancy.

Did you have nausea during pregnancy? Did it last your entire pregnancy? When did it start?

I really did not experience any nausea at all during my first one. I just experienced headaches like I do now and some tiredness. Well I heard that a few things are very helpful when it comes to nausea though. I have to say though sometimes I would get something as the baby got into the last term, like now. When my second son moves I may feel a little bit I guess. I guess it is because he is kicking me and everything now. I try to drink sprite, for nausea because I do not want to take anymore vitamins or anything. What foods is B6 found in?

Administrator
    Food high in Vitamin B6 are potato, banana, salmon and other fish, chicken, spinach, avocado, turkey, green leafy vegetables, brown rice, green peas.

Blackmores do a Morning Sickness formula that contains Vitamin B6. It is important to note that it is not a good idea to take a Vitamin B6 supplement for an extended period of time.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

I had some nausea during the first trimester with all my pregnancies. It was minimal though and I never had to deal with vomiting. I've heard from doula clients and friends that ginger tea and even raw ginger help.

I had nausea and vomiting with all 5 of my pregnancies.

Here's a good thread that discusses natural therapies for morning sickness.

i've been very lucky to not experience any nausea in any of my 14 pregnancies. but my sister was sick during both of her pregnancies for the entire time. both of her boys were born early(29wks & 36wks) & i think being so sick so often didn't help.

Hi gez15673. Wow what a huge family you have, it must be really fun! Well my nausea during my pregnancy was the worst. It was accompanied with vomiting and it starts in the morning then it goes away in the afternoon then comes back in late evening. I experienced it during the 3rd week I guess and it lasted up to the 5th month. Then I had it again around 7 or 8 months though it was only mild.

There are a lot of ways to manage nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Take care.