Can Stress be one of the Reason of Infertility?

It was 5 years ago when I gave birth to a healthy baby boy. I've been taking pills for 3 years after giving birth and finally decided to have a baby again.Its been two years but I never get pregnant. I really want to have my second baby.Can stress affect me of getting pregnant?

Dear Harvi,

Yes stress has been shown to have a negative affect on fertility levels. Here is a link to one study which shows women are more likely to conceive when stress is kept to a minimum. The general advice is to try to avoid unnecessary stress when you are trying to conceive.

Have you been having sex regularly during this two year period of coming off the pill? I know you said in one of your previous posts that you are a single parent to your son.

Most couples conceive within 12 months of trying, but this is when they are having sex regularly. You need to have sex in your 'fertile period' - which is actually only about 3 days each month. Are your periods regular?

Please do let us know some of the answers to these questions so that we can support you better.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Yes we're trying it even everyday as I dont know my fertile period because I don't have a regular period.We've been trying it almost a year,doing it everyday and as day by day passes by,I am more stress of conceiving. I dont know the real reason.I wanna have it as soon as possible but I dont get pregnant.Is age one factor also? Im turning 30 this October 11.This year will be my last chance because im planning to migrate with my son.If I dont get pregnant I think I will have no chance of getting a baby girl .And one thing, before my son I get miscarriage.

Dear Harvi,

Thanks for your reply.

If you have been trying to conceive for more than 12 months then it is recommended that you see a doctor to check if you or your partner have fertility problems.

Did it take you long to get pregnant before?

Age can affect fertility. However, at 29/30 you should still be able to conceive within a 12 month period of trying. It is beyond 35 years old that it becomes significantly harder to conceive.

Are you well and healthy generally? It would be wise to do some preconception care.

Irregular periods can be a sign of PCOS (Polycystic Ovulation Syndrome) which can cause fertility problems because it can reduce/ stop ovulation. There is a previous post here about PCOS. In light both of the length of time you have been trying to conceive for and your irregular periods I would recommend you see your doctor.

I didn't quite understand why you feel this is the last year you could get pregnant (before you emigrate)?

Best wishes,

LJ