Changes during Pregnancy

When a woman is pregnant she is usually coupled with several changes to her body. As for me some of the changes I am experiencing are normal and expected. However, others are quite discomforting such as headaches, lower abdominal pains, frequent urination, backache and increased vaginal discharge.
    What are the changes that I should expect between the 20th to the 40th week of pregnancy and what should I do about them?

Hello Bella,

It sounds like many of the things you are already experiencing, even at 12 weeks along, are hormonal related. Hormones do change during pregnancy. But even with that, you want to be sure that your hormones are balanced for pregnancy. Headaches, lower abdominal pain, backache and sometimes increased vaginal discharge can be relieved by making sure you are getting the right amount of nutrients.

The first thing I would do would be to rule out any bladder/kidney infection, as those can result in lower abdominal ache, lower backache, and even increased vaginal discharge.

Do you have any signs of a urinary tract infection?

Cranberry supplements can be very helpful at avoiding them and also for clearing them up.

Be sure you are drinking plenty of pure water each day. You can aim for 2 times your body weight in ounces. If you weigh 100 pounds, that would be 50 ounces or about 1 1/2 liters of water.

Urinary Tract Infections can actually go undiagnosed, so I'd recommend having a urine test done to rule it out completely. Left untreated, a UTI can cause miscarriage.

Warm Regards,