Thread: Questions

Hybrid View

Questions

Hi,
    I wanted to ask has anyone that has had a fallopian tube & ovary removed & got pregnant naturally .??

I went to my gyno because I have had a period since April. Apparently this Is normal and nothing is wrong apparently my body is just having A time out. An egg is ready to be dropped so he said try now and if in 4/5weeks the pregnancy test comes back negative. Than he is going to be putting me on clomid to see if that helps. Wait and see I guess but I do feel happier know that I have no cysts & that noting is wrong. ??

Great to know anyone else experience

Hi Hwils,

Welcome to our forum - I hope you find it a supportive and helpful community.

When did you have the operation on your fallopian tube? Are you able to give us further details about this? This will help us to answer your questions fully.

That is good news that you do not have cysts. PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) is unfortunately the biggest cause of infertility in women (although with treatment many, many women with PCOS go on to successfully get pregnant).

Have you been pregnant before?

Are you taking folic acid supplements already? Are you doing any preconception care?

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you for your reply, I'm 28 had regular cycles pretty much since the get go. From near the end of 2009 to the start of 2012 I've suffered from endometriosis and had two operations to remove two large cysts and the right ovary and Fallopian tube. My cycles have been pretty much bang on time and than nothing and thought my dreams of being coming a mummy had finally come true but no nothing. Now we are in October and still nothing. I have been to the doctors and they look just as confused. I've had blood tests & ultrasounds with nothing bad showing up which I'm greatful for. I'm eating health, I don't smoke or drink and I'm taking all the preconception vits.
    Hails

I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds difficult. Have you seen the resources on the Jean Hailes website about endometriosis specifically in terms of pregnancy and infertility? There are also some further links in this previous thread on endometriosis.

As I'm sure you are aware, it is possible to get pregnant naturally after a laparotomy. It sounds like your doctors think you have a healthy left ovary and Fallopian tube? Has your doctor talked to you about the future possibility of IVF if you don't get pregnant naturally?

Thinking of you,
    LJ