Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Prevent Pregnancy
17th October 2013 06:11 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
Hi I am Sherryl, I easily gets pregnant.
What is the best way to prevent pregnancy? I just have to rest my body in conceiving a child. I've been using pills before but I got pregnant with my youngest child.
5th November 2013 04:42 AM #2
It sounds like you are very fertile then
Do you have a family planning clinic near you? This service should be able to go through your contraception options in detail. Your contraception options include:
- condoms: these are over 98% at preventing a pregnancy.
- the pill; if you are breastfeeding then the mini pill is still safe to use. It is important that it is taken at the same time each day in order to work effectively.
- IUD: this is inserted in the uterus and is a long term contraceptive option. Your doctor should be able to give you more details about if you would be a candidate for this.
- Implanon: this is inserted into the upper arm and releases the hormone progesterone
- diaphram: often known as the female condom
- contraceptive injections: these are effective for between 8 and 12 weeks
Some families choose to use natural family planning.
Please do post any further questions you have here.