Thread: Discipline kids

Discipline kids

Hey,

I am a mother of three - the eldest one is 5 years and she is currently schooling. My problem is with my eldest child, I find hard to discipline her. Every time I scold her, she answered me back and that situation makes me out of patience. I already did disciplinary actions but nothing change. I hope you can give me suggestions. Many thanks.

Dear Sherryl,

Thanks for your question. I recently gave a fairly long response on the subject of gentle discipline here.

Please do read it as I have linked to some excellent resources on gentle discipline in my response.

I would encourage you to follow the way of gentle discipline with this wonderful quote on what it really means:

'Effective discipline is based on loving guidance. It is based on the belief that children are born innately good and that our role as parents is to nurture their spirits as they learn about limits and boundaries, rather than to curb their tendencies toward wrongdoing. Effective discipline presumes that children have reasons for their behaviour and that cooperation can be engaged to solve shared problems.' (Peggy O'Mara).

Please do post back and let me know what you think of these resources.

Warm wishes,
    LJ