Baby bouncer with a vibrator

I have started shopping for my baby who is expected soon. I liked a number of bouncers while I was shopping yesterday. I wasn't sure about a suitable age for a baby to be put in a bouncer so I didn't get one yesterday. I am planning to get one bouncer during this weekend. Is it safe to get a bouncer that has a vibrator with it?

Dear Emma,

Do you mean a bouncer which is on the floor like a baby seat (rather than a bouncer which is suspended in a doorway)? The floor seat bouncy chairs are generally suitable from birth. It is safe to get one which has a vibrator although not all babies will like the vibrating motion (although you can always just turn it off).

Can I ask if you are planning to breastfeed? There are so many benefits of breastfeeding and the World Health Organisation recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of life. You may find it useful to have a tube of lanolin breast cream ready. Actually, you can even start putting a tiny bit of this onto your nipples each day from week 35 onwards to help soften your nipples. Breast cream which is made of pure lanolin is best as this is safe for the baby to 'eat', so you don't need to wipe it off after you breastfeed. I found a feeding pillow really helpful although some women just use cushions/ pillows.

Pretty much the only piece of 'baby kit' I would recommend as being essential is a stretchy wrap such as the Moby, Kari Me or JPMM stretchy wraps. Newborn baby's want to be close to mum for the majority of the time and this means you can keep them close and safe whilst having your hands free and you can even breastfeed in it with some practice.

Wishing you all the best,
    LJ

Yes, I meant about the bouncer which is on the floor.

Further, I look forward to breastfeeding my baby. Thanks for providing me with useful information about the breast cream and baby kit.

That's wonderful news Emma.

I recently shared this 'letter to my pre-breastfeeding self' which I hope you will find useful - it contains my thoughts on breastfeeding in the early days (the special days).

Warm wishes,
    LJ