Thread: facial rash

facial rash

my bub has this little tiny rash/pigments on her face. it's on her forehead. i wonder where it came from, what's the cause? my mother in-law said it was caused by breastfeeding my bub. she suggested i stop.
    i don't think so.
    is it true?

Dear Nadiine,

Your mother-in-law is wrong. It is certainly not caused by breastfeeding your baby and you shouldn't stop. The benefits of breastmilk are huge and wonderful. This is why the World Health Organisation recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of life (i.e. giving your baby only breastmilk and no other food or liquids) and then continuing to breastfeed to 2 years and beyond. Recently, breastmilk has been found to contain stem cells. Frankly, formula doesn't even get close to the nutritional and developmental advantages of breastmilk.

Lots of babies have blotchy skin or tiny spots. It can be caused by hormone changes or the oil glands clogging up. Wash your babies face with only warm water and no other additives.

If your daughter seems troubled by the spots or they are ever accompanied by a fever then you should get her checked with your doctor.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you for the advice. I haven't stopped breastfeeding, and the rashes were now lessened. I thinj it's due to hormonal changes. Thanks.
    Nadinne

That's great news - well done.

Warm wishes,
    LJ