How to get rid of bad thumb sucking habit of kid?

My elder daughter still sucks her thumb. Thankfully, we have managed to restrict this activity to night time. I want to get rid of this habit of hers.I have already tried some methods like putting enamel on her thumb, tying her thumb with a bandage. But nothing worked. Please help. I am a distressed mother.

Dear SAHM,

Thank you for your post. How old is your daughter?

I would say that taking a gentle approach with this would be best and most likely to be effective in the long term.

How about trying a toy such as the Thumbuddy toys. Your child can choose which character to get and then wears this on their thumb at night to gently remind them not to suck their thumb. The toys also come with a book to reinforce this behaviour positively.

How about introducing a comforter or special toy to help comfort your daughter at night; most children suck their thumb for comfort.

Please post back and let us know how you are getting on.
    Warm wishes,
    LJ

Red face Really Liked your Suggestion

Hey Thanks so much for replying.I liked your suggestion and have a feeling that it is going to work.My daughter is going to love her new night time buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    Dear SAHM,

Thank you for your post. How old is your daughter?

I would say that taking a gentle approach with this would be best and most likely to be effective in the long term.

How about trying a toy such as the Thumbuddy toys. Your child can choose which character to get and then wears this on their thumb at night to gently remind them not to suck their thumb. The toys also come with a book to reinforce this behaviour positively.

How about introducing a comforter or special toy to help comfort your daughter at night; most children suck their thumb for comfort.

Please post back and let us know how you are getting on.
    Warm wishes,
    LJ