'Miracle' baby born in Philippine typhoon rubble

Hi all

I'm big on media articles today. I couldn't help but shed a few tears reading this one. After being quite literally swept out of their home by the typhoon, this young woman has delivered her baby girl in the rubble.

The 21 year old lost her mother during flooding and has named her baby for her. Such a sad time for them but at the same time with such a ray of sunshine in it, like a rainbow after a storm...

'Miracle' baby born in Philippine typhoon rubble

Regards
    Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

My goodness, what an incredible and heart-wrenching story. I wish the family a time of peace now and I truly hope they are able to have access to shelter, food, clean water and any necessary medical supplies.

I simply cannot imagine having a baby in such a situation. I hope their baby brings them joy in their grief.

Thank you for sharing,
    LJ

Hi LJ

Indeed! I was also interested to read this story urging people to make cash donations not send goods. While I can't say it would occur to me to send goods, it does drive home the point that what's needed by people affected by such a disaster, like the young family above, is quite specific and better obtained by those on the ground there:

Please don’t send shoes to typhoon victims

Regards
    Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Yes; so many of us want to help but I think we should let the charities on the ground tell us how best to help (i.e. in this case make financial donations through the charities such as ChildFund Australia).

LJ