Ginger is highly recommended to juice when pregnant?

My sister is pregnant and she says "Ginger is highly recommended to juice when pregnant", is it?

Hi Raf,

Congratulations to your sister! How many weeks is she? Ginger can really help with morning sickness.

We had an interesting discussion about ginger in this previous thread.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    Hi Raf,

Congratulations to your sister! How many weeks is she? Ginger can really help with morning sickness.

Warm wishes,
    LJ
    she's around 6 or 7 weeks.. that's good to confirm about ginger thanks!

Is your sister suffering with any morning sickness?

LJ

Is your sister suffering with any morning sickness?

LJ
    She's having nausea and vomits sometimes..

Hi raf

Ginger is a fantastic option for treating nausea of any kind (pregnancy related or not). If you take a look at the ingredients in many sea/travel sickness preparations you'll often see ginger listed. The beauty of ginger is that it is natural.

Also ginger is something a woman can generally get your hands on in some for or another quite quickly if needed - think ginger beer from a convenience store or ginger biscuits from the supermarket.

I'm not suggesting your sister start constantly snacking on ginger cookies while drinking bottle after bottle of ginger beer here. But sometimes if you are out and about and nausea strikes, these can be a Godsend.

Personally I always had a little plastic box of Buderim Ginger Bears in my handbag when i was pregnant. They do contain cane sugar but I found I only needed to eat a couple to take the edge off the nausea.
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mumof2IVFmiracles View Post
    Hi raf

Ginger is a fantastic option for treating nausea of any kind (pregnancy related or not). If you take a look at the ingredients in many sea/travel sickness preparations you'll often see ginger listed. The beauty of ginger is that it is natural.
    Also ginger is something a woman can generally get your hands on in some for or another quite quickly if needed - think ginger beer from a convenience store or ginger biscuits from the supermarket.
    I haven't tasted a ginger beer, does it tastes good? and what about juicing ginger? have you done it?

Lol mumof2IVFmiracles - when I suffered a lot from morning sickness (until 35 weeks of pregnancy....) I used to eat ginger biscuits in bed in order to stop vomiting.

Yes raf you can peel the ginger (or just cut away the skin) and then cut into about 1.5 inch lengthways pieces and juice it. You can add oranges, carrots, kiwi fruit etc for lots of lovely vitamin C too.

Apple, carrot and ginger juice is one of my favourites. Ginger beer can work well too, as long as it's got actual ginger in it, and not just 'ginger flavour'.
    R, mama to M (8), Z (5.5), and bellybabe due Jan 2014

ljmarsden, thanks i'll do that

Quote Originally Posted by Asrathiel View Post
    Apple, carrot and ginger juice is one of my favourites. Ginger beer can work well too, as long as it's got actual ginger in it, and not just 'ginger flavour'.
    I see, hope to find one in the grocery

Hi raf,

Just wondering how your sister is feeling and if the ginger helped her at all?

Best wishes,
    LJ

Hi raf,

Just wondering how your sister is feeling and if the ginger helped her at all?

Best wishes,
    LJ
    Yeah it did.. and we've been juicing ginger now or we mix it with other fruits even we're feeling okay. sis feels okay now

That's good to hear