Hybrid View

Can Caesarean be harmful for a baby?

Hello,

I am going to have a caesarean but I was told that babies born with caesarean have worse immune system and are weaker against any infection or disease than babies born with a vaginal birth. please give me your opinions about the best way of giving a birth without doing any harm to a baby.

Thanks a lot in advance,

In a normal birth, the safest delivery method for mom and baby is always a vaginal delivery. If your midwife suggests a C-Section then there would likely be a medical reason for this. But in a normal delivery like most women experience, a spontaneous vaginal delivery is best.

I would encourage you to watch this home birth video to see what an ideal vaginal delivery looks like. You'll notice there are no bright lights which can be hard on baby's eyes. You'll notice that mum gets to hold baby and baby doesn't leave mum's side (even when the midwife checks the baby). You'll notice it's a relaxed, peaceful setting and mum is allowed to give birth as her body directs her too. Daddy catches the baby There are things you can do to prepare yourself physically, mentally and emotionally for a peaceful, "easy" birth. This video shows that.

Thank you so much it is very informative