Hybrid View

Breastfeeding Damaging Shape Of The Breast?

Hello guys

Many people refuse to breastfeed, as they are aware of the changes on the shape of their breasts. what do you think about this? and has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Your breasts change during pregnancy, in preparation for breastfeeding, so whether or not you actually breastfeed won't change that fact that your breasts will be different after you have a baby- different shape, size, colour, feel, etc...
    R, mama to M (8), Z (5.5), and bellybabe due Jan 2014

Absolutely agree with Asrathiel. Changes in breasts occur during pregnancy to every woman.

The benefits of breastfeeding are huge and long-lasting. They include increased cognitive development for the baby and reduced risk of ovarian and breast cancer for the mum. The WHO (World Health Organisation) has said that even a modest increase in breastfeeding rates would significantly reduce infant mortality rates. In my opinion, it is a tragedy if a woman chooses not to breastfeed because it may change the shape of her breast (which is incorrect information anyway) and is not aware of how vastly inferior formula is to breastmilk.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

thanks a lot guys for your opinions, I agree that you shouldn't leave your child without the chance of obtaining all the vitamins and strengths that breastfeeding gives.

best wishes,
    Pregtobe

No, it can't. Some of the cheaper pumps (like Evenflo) can damage the breast tissue, but it's not going to change the shape of your breast.

I found that my husband actually liked the increase in my breast size, and he found my milk to be a turn on.

A womans body will change during pregnancy, and her breasts will also change during pregnancy, in preparation to feed a highly nourishing food to her baby - a food that man has not been able to perfectly replicate. On top of the health benefits found in breast milk, there are social, emotional and physical benefits for baby when they are put to the breast throughout the day (and night). A mother who bottle feeds her baby will not have as much skin contact with her baby and will be tempted to prop a bottle or give a baby a bottle to drink on their own, when they are able to hold it. A breast fed baby never holds their own "breast" in order to drink. Mum always holds baby, even when they are one or two or three years old. The time a child spends at the breast is precious for both mum and bub, and that relationship needs to be nurtured as much as the relationship between husband and wife.

Sexual satisfaction can be had between husband and wife, AND baby can enjoy all of the benefits of a breastfeeding relationship when a woman chooses to breast feed her baby.

Warm Regards,

Kate
    Mother of 5 breastfed children

That's interesting shayanjameel08, thanks. I came across this La Leche League article on Exploring the World of Breastpumps which you may find useful.

Indeed Kate! Beautifully put. I'm sure your words will encourage many.

Warm wishes,
    LJ
    Last edited by ljmarsden; 18th December 2013 at 07:06 AM.