Hybrid View

Surprise Twin Home Birth

Hi everyone,

I watched this video yesterday showing a surprise twin home birth and I just wanted to share it here as it's pretty mind-blowing. The lady on the video had just delivered her baby and thought she was starting to deliver the placenta when the midwife she was supporting her tells her 'I think you've got another baby in there'. Can you imagine?! I also wanted to comment on the communication of the midwife which I personally felt was excellent. She stayed calm and focused in a very unexpected situation and continued to help the mother to have the type of birth she wanted.

See what you think,

LJ

I enjoyed the Surprise Twin Homebirth video very much. Really shows how wonderful and safe homebirth is. Those babies had a wonderful entrance into this world.

Last edited by 5Homebirths4Kate; 1st December 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Wow! I keep having dreams where this happens to me, lol. Pretty sure there's only one...
    R, mama to M (8), Z (5.5), and bellybabe due Jan 2014

I know what you mean Asrathiel

Made me think of this birth story, which really freaked me out cos the woman had scans and the twins were never picked up! I was a bit O.o

I can see how it could happen if you didn't have any scans, but before reading that it had never occurred to me that an additional baby might not be noticed on a scan!

Oh my goodness! I've just read that birth story you shared Asrathiel (thank you) - that's incredible.

Have you written up/ shared your own birth stories anywhere? I was really pleased to have done this with my second boy - this is Josh's birth story and it still gives me happy goosepimples reading it

LJ

Yup, have written both mine and shared elsewhere, may as well post them here too! Haven't read through them in ages....

Oooh fabulous - thank you, I will read them now And you will have another birth story to share fairly soon!

LJ

I think it was interesting that this mum thought she was carrying two babies. She must have been feeling a LOT of movement, all over the place...