morning sickness

. What can a pregnant do or take for morning sickness?

Hi whiterose,

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering from morning sickness.

It is important to eat regularly (a little and often can be best) when you are pregnant. Many women find they have to have a little bit of food before they get out of bed in the morning.

Travel sickness bands (which put pressure on a particular point on your wrist) work by acupressure to help to reduce morning sickness for many women (I used these with my first son and they really helped).

Ginger is a root which can naturally help with many forms of sickness, including morning sickness. You can try ginger tea which you can make yourself by grating 1cm cube of ginger and adding boiled water. Ginger biscuits and crystallized ginger are also really helpful.

For most women, morning sickness wears off after the first trimester. However, for an unlucky few (myself included with my first son but not with my second thankfully) it can go on throughout the second and third trimesters.

Are you being sick or just feeling sick? It's important to replenish your fluids if you are being sick and to keep an eye on your weight too.

I hope some of this is helpful for you. I can really emphasise with you.

Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy,
    LJ