use of control pills

It is safe to take birth control pills one month after giving birth?

Dear whiterose,

This depends on if you are breastfeeding or not. Breastfeeding is recommended as the best way to feed your baby and the World Health Organisation recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of life (i.e. only giving your baby breastmilk and no other liquids or solids, you don't need to give your baby water they get everything they need from your breastmilk) and then introducing solid food from six months of age alongside continuing to breastfeed to two years of age and beyond.

If you are breastfeeding then only the mini-pill is safe to start taking after giving birth. You could use another type of contraception. Here is a link to a previous thread about contraception options.

Do you have a family planning clinic near you? This service should be able to give you support and advice with this.

Please post back if you would like to discuss this further or, indeed, have any further questions.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

It is very safe, I am a mother my self and started using birth control pills after three weeks but visit a family planning clinic for advice on the best pills to use if you will be breastfeeding exclusively .