Can it be your doctors fault

I am a hypothyroid patient. I had done a lot of research when i got to know i was pregnant. Many of the websites suggested to visit your doctor ASAP. So i called my primary physician to make an appointment but he said it's not required and i just need to continue taking my medicine. But after 8 weeks during my sonogram my doctor said that it is anembryonic ovum and that i will have to do a d and c. So could this be because i didn't get myself checked when i should have? How can you completely trust your doctors if so?

Dear sonu84,

I'm sorry that your doctor did not see you. I think a review by your doctor would have been wise once you knew you were pregnant; incase your medication needed to be adjusted. It's so important to be able to trust the medical professionals who support us - is there another doctor you could see in your next pregnancy? If not, could you insist on an appointment once pregnant to put your mind at rest that your condition is still being managed appropriately.

I have just responded to your other post about you sadly having a blighted ovum (anembryonic pregnancy). In this case the pregnancy would sadly never develop (with a blighted ovum only the pregnancy sac develops but no embryo inside it). Therefore, in this case I would say that there was unfortunately not anything that could have been done and this pregnancy was never going to continue to develop.

I hope this at least puts your mind at rest that you could not have done anything to help the pregnancy to continue. I know it is a small consolation when you are grieving.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

I always had that in my mind, what if I would have been checked by my doctor, could it be avoided. Thank you so much LJ for clarifying it. I have already visited my primary physician waiting for my gynecologist appointment.

You are really welcome sonu84. I'm pleased to hear you already have a gynecologist appointment booked.

Wishing you all the very best - I look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Warm wishes,
    LJ