Hybrid View

Cervix position help!

Hi I'm 13 weeks and have been on progesterone pessaries (finishing this week) and have noticed almost the entire time that my cervix changes positions. Usually up higher at night and lower in the morning. Ofter very low. It's scaring me. GP seems to not be worried. Says cervixes are dynamic and change a lot. But shouldn't it be up high n stay there by now? I'm so worried. It feels firm and closed from what I can tell. Please help!

Hi CJ13,

I will let Jane know that this question is here (she's our resident midwife) but one thing I would suggest is that you not "bother" your cervix at all. If you can tell that the cervix is low due to it being uncomfortable when you are straddling your husband during sex, then just be gentle with that. But if you are actually trying to feel your cervix with your finger, I would suggest that you not do this. You pretty much want to leave it alone and not disturb it if you are worried about threatening miscarriage.

I chose to avoid internal checks and pap smears during early pregnancy just because I didn't want to disturb the cervix at all.

If your GP is not worried, then the best thing you can do for yourself is to relax in knowing that it is probably normal and give your body the added benefit of avoiding stress hormones which are created when we worry.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Thank u!

Thanks I really appreciate it and have taken your advise

Quote Originally Posted by 5Homebirths4Kate View Post
    Hi CJ13,

I will let Jane know that this question is here (she's our resident midwife) but one thing I would suggest is that you not "bother" your cervix at all. If you can tell that the cervix is low due to it being uncomfortable when you are straddling your husband during sex, then just be gentle with that. But if you are actually trying to feel your cervix with your finger, I would suggest that you not do this. You pretty much want to leave it alone and not disturb it if you are worried about threatening miscarriage.

I chose to avoid internal checks and pap smears during early pregnancy just because I didn't want to disturb the cervix at all.

If your GP is not worried, then the best thing you can do for yourself is to relax in knowing that it is probably normal and give your body the added benefit of avoiding stress hormones which are created when we worry.

Warm Regards,

Kate