Morning sickness

My friend told me that her Dr. told her that if a pregnant woman did not experience any morning sickness, it means that the baby inside the womb doesn't have a heartbeat. How true is that?

Dear jellyace,

No that is not correct. Some women do not experience any morning sickness in pregnancy and have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies. Every women's pregnancy is different and our bodies react different to hCG (the pregnancy hormone). Indeed, it is possible for a woman to have one healthy pregnancy where she experiences morning sickness and the next where she doesn't, and vice versa.

If a woman sadly has a miscarriage then she may also experience a loss of the symptoms of pregnancy such as morning sickness. However, this would not happen immediately in most cases. It is not true to say that just because a woman does not experience morning sickness there is a problem with the pregnancy.

Best wishes,
    LJ

Okay. Now I am worry free. Thank you

You are very welcome jellyace. I think that good information is key to having a relaxing, healthy pregnancy and a positive birth.

LJ