Is walking not advisable during pregnancy?

In my case of experiencing 2 miscarriages, is walking not advisable in my 1st trimester on my next pregnancy?

Dear jellyace,

I know it is hard when you have experienced one or more miscarriages and it is normal to try and work out what happened. However, sadly in most cases of miscarriage it would have always happened; there is nothing you could have done to change this and nothing you did wrong. The most likely cause of a miscarriage is thought to be a problem with the chromosomes. Most women who have up to three miscarriages still go on to have a normal pregnancy following these difficult losses.

In terms of exercise, in pregnancy it is recommended that you continue exercising at a level you were comfortable with pre-pregnancy. You should avoid contact-sports or activities that make you too breathless (i.e. unable to talk whilst doing the activity). Walking is fine (unless a doctor has specifically advised bed-rest for a particular uncommon pregnancy syndrome) as is swimming and yoga. Indeed, these activities can also help your body to stay healthy and help you to have a quicker, smoother labour.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Wow! Thanks for that information.

You are very welcome jellyace.