Have an easier birth with chiropractic care

Having had two midwives during my 5 homebirths, I learned some great things from both of them.

With my 4th baby, I had a new midwife (midwife #2) and towards the end of my pregnancy, my baby was posterior. Having had two previous births with posterior babies (which equals back labour), I knew that I didn't want to experience that again.

So my midwife sent me home with a kneeler rocker chair which I used to help baby move into a better position. I rocked on that special chair often (you rock on your knees, not sitting back in the chair) and yet she persisted with the posterior position. So my midwife suggested that I see a Chiropractor she knew who was very good at turning babies.

I had a number of adjustments with that Chiropractor, and when I went into labour, baby was in the proper position which made for faster dilation, a faster birth (compared to the three before) and no back labour.

With my 5th baby, I decided to be proactive from about the 5th month on, when I was putting on weight. I went regularly for adjustments which was very helpful for a 40 year old mom. Baby was in good position at the end and labour and delivery were the fastest of all 5 births.

I know many women complain of back pain during pregnancy and though I never had this, I do know that keeping the skeletal system in alignment can definitely help to ease pregnancy aches and pains.

Click here to find a Chiropractor in your area.

I had chiropractic care during my last pregnancy, my fourth, and I also had a much faster/easier labour. I definitely believe that the adjustments contributed!

Thank you for sharing this information - I would never had thought of using a chiropractor to help with labour. Is this something you ladies would recommend for all women at the end of their pregnancy or just if the baby is not in an ideal birthing position?

Having Chiropractic care throughout pregnancy can keep the skeletal system in alignment all throughout pregnancy, making pregnancy more comfortable and keeping baby positioned well in the 3rd trimester when position of baby becomes very important. Having Cranio/Sacral adjustments by an Osteopath can help in the same way.