Thread: Am I pregnant

Am I pregnant

Hello I need some help, I had a very light period lasted two days around when my period was due, since then I have done one pregnancy test came back negative but I am starting to feeling sick most mornings and very tired is it possible I could be pregnant but tested too early, please help

Dear Mel,

Welcome to the forum.

It is possible that what you experienced was implantation bleeding and not your period. How long does your period normally last? Do you have a regular monthly cycle? I have put together some information here on implantation bleeding.

I would recommend you re-test around a week after you took the previous pregnancy test. If you are pregnant (which we cannot say at this stage I am afraid) then it may be that the levels of hCG (the pregnancy hormone) were not high enough in your urine to test as positive. The hCG levels double approximately every 2 days in the first trimester.

However, there are other medical causes for feeling sick and tired. Therefore, if the next pregnancy test comes back as negative then I would recommend you make an appointment with your doctor. They can also do a blood pregnancy test to check your hCG levels.

Please do post back and let us know how you get on,
    Best wishes,
    LJ