Thread: what to do next

Hybrid View

what to do next

I'm new to this forum, and need your advice on something. We are currently trying to concieve. I haven't had a period for 10 weeks. Not normal for me. I have been cramping and having twinges and sore bbs for the past 7 weeks, in addition to sickness (threw up a few times) frequent urination and headaches. Been testing once a week the past three weeks. One faint positive home pregnancy test, and two negative. Could I be pregnant and testing to late, expiriencing the hook effect? Or is a pregnancy ruled out at this point? I can also feel a ridge above my pelvic bone when I lay flat with a full bladder, but I'm not sure if this is my bladder or a growing uterus. Could it be a hormone imbalance causing this? No history of irregular periods, hormonal birth controll or fertility issues.
    Any addvice would be very welcome!

Dear Mille,

Welcome to the forum.

I would like to ask you some more questions to help me to address your post.

Do you normally have regular periods? What is the length of your monthly cycle?

When did you take the pregnancy test that showed a faint positive? Was that the first test or the most recent? A false positive is rare on a pregnancy test.

The hook effect is fairly rare and can be overcome by a doctor diluting your urine and then performing the test.

Have you had any bleeding at all in the last 10 weeks?

Best wishes,
    LJ