How did reading birth stories help you in pregnancy and labour?

We have a fabulous resource of birth stories here on the Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond forum. They tell personal stories of how women birthed their beautiful babies - as it really felt to them. There's nothing quite comparable to a woman's own telling of the day she first met her baby.

How did reading birth stories help you in pregnancy and labour? Perhaps there was a particular birth story which encouraged you? Were there birth stories which inspired you to choose to birth in a certain way? What about homebirth stories or VBAC stories?

For me, I know that reading birth stories in my second and third pregnancies helped to renew my confidence after a difficult first labour. Other women's experiences inspired me to try hypnobirthing with my second son and then have a homebirth with my daughter (our third baby). I can even remember thinking back to certain birth stories when I was in labour with my daughter - I knew other women had done it and this spurred me on.

Have you shared your birth story here on our Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond forum or with friends and family? How did others' respond to your story? If you would like to share your story with us, and help to encourage and inspire many pregnant women, then we would love to hear from you.
    Last edited by ljmarsden; 2nd August 2015 at 07:40 PM.

I love reading other stories!! They always help pass the time waiting for babe to make their appearance :-)