Should I stop using wipes if they seem to be aggravating my baby's diaper rash?

should i stop or its okay to continue?

Dear gelizaire,

Diaper rash (also known as nappy rash) is caused by poo and urine interacting in your baby's nappy. It is very common and can be seen by a redness in the skin and spotty skin. Your baby shouldn't seem unwell with the diaper rash.

It is best to use cotton wool and warm water on your baby's bottom when they have diaper rash and at other times if you are able to. This is best for your baby's sensitive skin. If you do use wipes then make sure they are the unfragranced variety.

When your baby has diaper rash it is particularly important to give them their diaper free time each day. Allow your baby to have a kick around with no nappy on whilst laying on a thick towel for at least 20 minutes. The fresh air will help to clear up the nappy rash.

Expressed breastmilk is also excellent for helping to heal nappy rash.

You can also use a barrier cream (one which contains Zinc Oxide is best) in order to stop any moisture interacting with the skin on your baby's bottom. Make sure you change your baby's nappy more frequently when they are suffering from nappy rash (as always, immediately following a poo).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    LJ