Results 1 to 2 of 2
18th May 2014 04:11 AM #1
Babywearing a Toddler or Preschooler
Many of us have experienced the benefits of carrying our baby in a sling or other carrier (this is known as babywearing). With a young baby this can include advantages such as:
- bonding with your baby
- breastfeeding with your hands free
- having your hands free whilst keeping your baby close
- a transport system for your baby which is easy and convenient
- reducing crying and colic
- keeping your baby close during the 'fourth trimester' (first 3 months of life)
What about when your baby becomes a toddler and then a preschooler? Have you continued babywearing into this new stage? We would love to hear about your experiences of this.
Some benefits of babywearing with a toddler or pre-schooler include:
- it's natural and continues with the bonding
- bonding with your toddler when a new sibling comes
- it's handy to have a sling in your bag for when your energetic toddler gets tired
- helps your child to sleep or transition into a more sleepy time
What type of sling do you like to use with your toddler or pre-schooler?
Last edited by ljmarsden; 18th May 2014 at 04:16 AM.
18th May 2014 10:40 AM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2014
I love a Ring Sling, I wore all my babies in our ring slings till they were toddlers...up till about age 4.
I also have a few wraps from Mexico and Guatemala that are soo comfortable to wear as well.
The older my children were I mainly wore them on my side or back.
I once ran through the airport in Mexico city with a 4yo on my back in a ring sling...fun times.