Dear Mumof2boys,

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your younger son's skin irritation.

I wonder if you would be able to give us a bit more information to help us to support you fully with this. Has your paediatrician diagnosed your son with any specific skin condition? What is the cream that your doctor has given you? Does the sensitivity and rashes/boils only occur on his face or elsewhere on his body too? Are the boils filled with puss?

In terms of washing your son's face, generally cooled warm water and cotton wool is best for sensitive skin; unless your doctor has advised otherwise.

I look forward to hearing from you,
    Best wishes,
    LJ

Smile More info...

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    Dear Mumof2boys,

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your younger son's skin irritation.

I wonder if you would be able to give us a bit more information to help us to support you fully with this. Has your paediatrician diagnosed your son with any specific skin condition? What is the cream that your doctor has given you? Does the sensitivity and rashes/boils only occur on his face or elsewhere on his body too? Are the boils filled with puss?

In terms of washing your son's face, generally cooled warm water and cotton wool is best for sensitive skin; unless your doctor has advised otherwise.

I look forward to hearing from you,
    Best wishes,
    LJ
    Sure thing, my paediatrician gave him epiCeram samples that I have been using. The rash/boil is small but red with some puss only one boil on his cheek and around it is all red. I will stop the Aveeno and just try cooled warm water thanks!

Thanks mumof2boys.

EpiCeram is generally diagnosed for dry skin.

Yes do try changing to the pure water cleaning method.

Is this just a one-off occurrence of the boil? Or does it occur frequently?

If the boil bursts then you should clean it with an antiseptic wipe. It would be best if you could then put a sterile dressing on it - although your son may not allow this to be left on given his age. If you are breastfeeding then put some expressed breastmilk on the boil; breastmilk has wonderful healing properties for skin conditions.

If it is a 'puss boil' then this is contagious so you will need to be extra careful about hygiene and it would be good to wash his sheets more frequently at this time too.

I hope it clears up soon. If you are still concerned then I would go back to your paediatrician.

Best wishes,
    LJ