Unhappy Ectopic Pregnancy

I had an ectopic pregnancy mid last year and would like to know how soon can I try getting pregnant again? In some sense I am scared:(

Dear 2havekids1day,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had an ectopic pregnancy last year. It must have been such a difficult time for you. My thoughts are with you.

You may find this information on our main site helpful on ectopic pregnancies.

I an understand you feeling scared; that is normal after what you have been through. If you had medical treatment (i.e. were treated with drugs) then you are normally advised to wait 3 months until trying to conceive. If you had surgical treatment then you would normally be advised to wait until you had at least one normal period before trying to conceive.

You still have a very good chance of getting pregnant and having a healthy baby even if you have had one of your tubes removed. After an ectopic pregnancy, over 2/3 of women go on to get pregnant naturally and the remaining 1/3 either need some extra fertility treatment to help them get pregnant or (for personal/family reasons) choose not to try again.

I hope this information is helpful for you. Please do post back if we can help you further.
    Thinking of you,
    LJ