Tips for Weaning a 2.5 Year Old

My 2.5 year old still feeds for a quick topup anywhere up to 10-15 times a day. It's getting tiring. I can say "1, 2, 3, 4, 5 enough" and she'll finish, but I haven't come up with an easy way to limit the number of sessions per day. I've tried telling her times of day but she has huge tantrums and I am not a fan of the amount of CIO this would involve. I do want to continue feeding, but I also want to have LESS feeds. My first daughter stopped at 14 months so it was vastly different!

Advice appreciated!

I find that distraction helps wonders. Try offering her a cup of water or a snack food when shes asks to nurse. You can offer to read a book or play or show her something interesting as well. I have found myself standing up and keeping busy to avoid a topup if i need a break. Also talk to your child about weaning and what that looks like to her. I know her age is still quite young, but constant communication is the key.
    I have also limited nursing when out in public as much as possible. This has helped curve some interest as well.
    I know that weaning at a later age can be much more difficult.
    I hope that you find these tidbits helpful.
    Please do check back if you have any further questions.
    Last edited by sunnymumof5; 5th April 2014 at 11:21 AM.